The Summer Produce Club is underway. Please email Farmer Gil to sign up for a prorated share
Johnson’s Corner Farm is proud to announce the 5th year of our Community-Supported Agriculture CSA SUMMER PRODUCE CLUB initiative right on the Farm! CSA programs support local agriculture by sharing the benefits of local, conventional farming with dedicated members. From May 23rd to Aug. 31st and again on November 7th, 8th and 9th, CSA members can pick up a crate packed with a variety of delicious, locally-grown fruits and vegetables sourced from both of our farms and farms in the immediate area. We’ll provide grower information to help you get to know our local farmers and how they produce their crops.
Sign up for Our 2019 CSA Summer Produce Club
When you become a Johnson’s Corner Farm
CSA Summer Produce Club members receive:
- Your own crate of delicious produce to be picked up once a week, Wednesday 4pm to 7pm, Thursday 4pm to 7pm, Friday 12pm-3pm or Saturday 8am-12pm. Each crate will be stuffed with a different variety of local fruits, vegetables, and herbs. You can choose a large share (full-bushel; feeds 4-6 people) a small share (half bushel feeds 2-3 people) –mini share (feeds 1-2 people) all of these come with a wide variety of produce. Selection of pick up day occurs at registration.
- An ever-changing local selection based on seasonal availability. We plan to start this year’s crates with strawberries and greens and transition into our famous sweet iced corn later in the year.
- Access to our Produce Club mailing list. You’ll get weekly updates including a heads-up on what we’re loading your crate with this week, delicious farm-fresh recipes from Chef Scott, and information on the local sources growing your produce.
- The opportunity to come out on the farm for “work parties” to physically help plant and grow your produce! Work parties aren’t required for your membership, but if you want to become more involved with our local agriculture, this is a great way! We think produce tastes even better after a little hard work.
- Free Hayrides! All Produce Club members receive free hayrides during the program! (May 20th to September 5th) If you’re part of the large share program, you’ll receive free hayrides for four people – small share members receive free hayrides for two- mini share gets free hayrides for 1 person. Everything we grow at Johnson’s Corner Farm is pick-your-own; harvesting begins with radishes, peas, and strawberries and transitions into peaches and blueberries as the summer heats up. You’ll be able to pick each crop at the peak of its readiness and flavor; just pay for what you pick when you return from your hayride.
- Egg upgrade, for $55 you can upgrade to an egg share. If you choose to upgrade you will receive 1 dozen eggs every week when you pick up your share.
CSA Summer Produce Club Membership Pricing:
- Large Share Membership: $499 – feeds 4-6 people
- Small Share Membership: $299 – feeds 2 or 3 people
- Mini Share memberships: $199 – feeds 1 or 2 people
- Egg Upgrade: $55 One Dozen eggs each week during the program.
Both memberships are for 17 weeks of fresh produce.
New this year! Refer a friend(new member) to our CSA Summer Produce Club and receive 10% off your share. For every new member you refer you will get an additional 10% off. Get 10 new members to sign up and get your CSA share for free! Have your friend fill out the referred by space in the signup form.We will credit 10% to the member that referred the new customer. Any question CLICK HERE to email Farmer Gil
May 20 – Sept 5, 2019 and a November pickup on the 7th, 8th and 9th
Crate pickup is once a week. Pick-up hours are:
- Wednesday 4pm to 7pm
- Thursday 4pm to 7pm
- Friday 12pm – 3pm
- Saturday 8am – 12pm
We hope you’ll join us for this wonderful opportunity to sample local produce, become involved in New Jersey agriculture, and eat healthy and delicious food! Space is limited in the program and it is expected to fill quickly.