Johnson’s Corner Farm CSA 2018
Johnson’s Corner Farm is proud to announce the 4th year of our Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA) initiative right on the Farm! CSA programs support local agriculture by sharing the benefits of local, conventional farming with dedicated members. From May 24th to September 1st and again on November 1st, 2nd and 3rd , CSA members can pick up a crate packed with a variety of delicious, locally-grown fruits and vegetables sourced from both of our farms and farms in the immediate area. We’ll provide grower information to help you get to know our local farmers and how they produce their crops.
When you become a Johnson’s Corner Farm CSA member, you receive:
Your own crate of delicious produce to be picked up once a week, Thursday 4pm to 7pm, Friday 12pm-4pm or Saturday 8am-12pm. Each crate will be stuffed with a different variety of local fruits, vegetables, and herbs. You can choose a large crate (full-bushel; feeds 4-6 people) or a small crate (half bushel feeds 1-3 people) – both come with a wide variety of produce. Selection of pick up day occurs at registration.
- An ever-changing local selection based on seasonal availability. We plan to start this year’s crates with strawberries and greens and transition into our famous sweet iced corn later in the year.
- Access to our CSA mailing list. You’ll get weekly updates including a heads-up on what we’re loading your crate with this week, delicious farm-fresh recipes from Chef Scott, and information on the local sources growing your produce.
- The opportunity to come out on the farm for “work parties” to physically help plant and grow your produce! Work parties aren’t required for your membership, but if you want to become more involved with our local agriculture, this is a great way! We think produce tastes even better after a little hard work.
- Free Hayrides! All CSA members receive free hayrides during the program! (May 23rd to September 3rd) If you’re part of the large crate program, you’ll receive free hayrides for four people – small crate members receive free hayrides for two. Everything we grow at Johnson’s Corner Farm is pick-your-own; harvesting begins with radishes, peas, and strawberries and transitions into peaches and blueberries as the summer heats up. You’ll be able to pick each crop at the peak of its readiness and flavor; just pay for what you pick when you return from your hayride.
- Egg upgrade, for $55 you can upgrade to an egg share. If you choose to upgrade you will receive
1 dozen eggs every week when you pick up your share.
CSA Membership Pricing:
Large Crate Membership: $479 – feeds 4-6 people
Small Crate Membership: $279 – feeds 1-3 people
***Egg Upgrade: $55 One Dozen eggs each week during the program.
Both memberships are for 16 weeks of fresh produce!
May 24th to 2018- Sept. 1st, 2018 and a November pickup on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Crate pickup is once a week. Pick-up hours are:
Thursday 4pm to 7pm
Friday 12pm – 4pm
Saturday 8am – 12pm
We hope you’ll join us for this wonderful opportunity to sample local produce, become involved in New Jersey agriculture, and eat healthy and delicious food! Space is limited in the program and it is expected to fill quickly.
CLICK HERE for CSA CONTRACT
Your Friend and Farmer,